Ferveur et Courroux Index du Forum
Ferveur et Courroux
[FAITH]

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
receiver group along with

Sujet précédent .::. Sujet suivant  
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Ferveur et Courroux Index du Forum >>> Exterieur du Chateau >>> La détente
Auteur Message
zhangzk

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Oct - 03:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: receiver group along with Répondre en citant

Months ago Marquez Valdes-Scantling Jersey , Desmond Harrison was confident he'd replace Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas. The Browns only realized it in the past few days.
An undrafted rookie with a checkered past, Harrison will open the season as Cleveland's starting left tackle 鈥?a position held down by Thomas, a future Hall of Famer, for more than a decade 鈥?on Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"I'm replacing Joe, so I know how big it is," Harrison said.
It's a remarkable jump for Harrison, who last season was pile-driving players at Division II Georgia State after not playing for three years following his dismissal at Texas.
To Harrison, it's just football on a larger stage.
"It's a big leap," Harrison said Friday after coach Hue Jackson announced yet another transformation to his offensive line. "Kind of more people at the game, stuff like that. So that's probably like the only difference."
Well, there's also blocking Cam Heyward and the other Steelers, who led the NFL with 57 sacks a season.
But you gotta admire the rookie's swagger.
Harrison's ascension up the depth chart is the latest wrinkle up front for the Browns Antonio Morrison Jersey , who have been tinkering with the left side of their offensive line for weeks. The team recently slid left guard Joel Bitonio to tackle and plugged rookie Austin Corbett in at guard.
However, after four preseason games, Jackson and his coaching staff didn't like the line's makeup. Determined to put the "best five guys on the field," the Browns decided to go with the 6-foot-6, 305-pound Harrison who looks like he was engineered in a laboratory for left tackles.
"He looks like a left tackle in this league," Bitonio said.
Jackson said the 24-year-old Harrison has played like one.
"He is very talented," Jackson said. "He has earned it. He competed. When you put all of the different variables out there of what we could have done or would have done, and you look at it and you watch the practice tape and the game, he is the best left tackle for us to play right now.
"Obviously, Joel is the best left guard. We feel like we are heading in the right direction by far. I agonized over this decision because it is a huge decision. At the same time, I have confidence one, in our coaches Adam Shaheen Jersey , and in the player. He has worked hard. He wants this opportunity. He has demonstrated that."
Harrison took a unique, unorthodox path to the NFL.
A big-time high school recruit, Harrison committed to Auburn but didn't have the grades and started at Contra Costa (Calif.) Community College. He played two seasons of JUCO ball before transferring to Texas, where he played in seven games in 2013. But after reportedly failing multiple drug tests, he was suspended several times and eventually left.
He didn't play in 2015 and 2016, explaining he "was just getting myself right mentally."
Harrison started nine games last season at West Georgia, compiling a dominant highlight tape that looks like excerpts pulled from the movie "Blindside." He missed the Senior Bowl because of a sprained knee and failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.
He admitted the drug test probably cost him being drafted, but the Browns signed him as a free agent in May.
From the moment he arrived at rookie mini-camp, Harrison said he knew he would take over for Thomas, the 10-time Pro Bowler who retired in March following a remarkable career that included never missing a snap 鈥?10,363 straight 鈥?until an injury ended his 2017 season.
How did Harrison know?
"Just how confident I am in myself," he said.
Bitonio likes everything about Harrison.
"It's obviously going to be a big jump Sunday when you're playing in front of 60 http://www.washingtonredskinsteamonline.com/alex-smith-jersey ,000 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, a vaunted defense, but I think he's ready," Bitonio said. "I think the coaches and upper management have made that decision and they trust him and they know he's going to get better every rep that he's out there to improve. He's a confident, kid, though.
"I know he feels like he belongs out there."
When talking about wide receiver Albert Wilson in late July, Dolphins coach Adam Gase said that the team was still “finding exactly what his role is going to be” during the 2018 season.
Some of the difficulty would seem to stem from the presence of Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker and Danny Amendola in the wide receiver group along with Wilson, who signed a three-year, $24 million deal with the team as a free agent this offseason. Some of the solution seems to be viewing Wilson as more than just a receiver.
Wilson said that he expects to line up all over the field, including in the backfield, and also said that Gase’s uncertainty about the plan might have been overstated given the pitch Wilson got as a free agent.
“Coach Gase showed me the game plan and all the things he could do with me Jonathan Bullard Jersey , and there was no question,” Wilson said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “Here, I get the opportunity to do everything — play outside, inside, run the ball a little bit. To line up everywhere and play multiple positions and be able to be with a young energized great offensive mind.”
Reporters are encouraged not to pass on specifics, but Jackson reports “several gimmicky, creative plays involving Wilson have netted substantial gains in practice” so it seems the team has ideas about how to make the best use of Wilson’s versatility. Executing them effectively would add a positive wrinkle to their offense this season.
Authentic Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 9 Oct - 03:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet Ferveur et Courroux Index du Forum >>> Exterieur du Chateau >>> La détente Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation